Hello my lovelies, today I thought I’d show you how to make a quick and easy hair bow!
This bow is the ultimate accessory! You can make them in all different colours, sizes and patterns. They go with everything. Personally I’m a fan of sticking one in my ponytail everyday!
• Basic sewing supplies/ sewing machine
• Glue gun or craft glue (optional)
• Hair clip or bobby pins
1. Begin by cutting out a 25cm x10cm piece of fabric, it doesn’t have to be exactly these, it depends how big or small you want your bow and I even ended up trimming mine in some places, you just want a good sized rectangle.
2. Fold it in half on the long side, right sides together. So now the piece is 12.5cm x 10cm.
3.Sew the two open sides together but leave the top open.
4.Turn right side out
5. At the open part, fold the fabric underneath to make a seam.
6. Now put the sides back together and sew
7.Check that all the sides are closed
8. Now fold the fabric up into a bow by folding up 1cm, then flipping the fabric over to the other side, then folding again and flipping, like you are making a paper fan.
11. Keep going until in is all done, then pinch it together in the centre.
12. Now sew the centre together. Do this by going backwards and forwards in a line with a sewing machine.
13.It should look like this
14. Then cut out a tiny rectangle of fabric, this will cover the centre part of the bow.
15. Fold this in half along the short side
16. Then sew along the long side
17. Cut off any excess seam otherwise it will bulge out
18.Twist the fabric to the seam is at the back in the middle( you can also flip it inside out) then wrap it around the centre of the bow
19. Then you can glue these together to the bow (optional, because we will sew)
20.After the glue, hold the two pieces together, we will be sewing as close as possible to the bow
21. Now sew them together
22.Then cut off the excess seam
23. You should have something like this
24. Now take a bobby pin and slide it in or hot glue a hairclip on
That’s it! All done!
Now you can make a million bows to wear!
– Anna xx